Re: [Marbling] oil marbling

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2002
      Hello Tomas.....I am glad you wrote to the group. I received your letter
      several months ago, with your pictures and tried to email back, but it kept
      being returned. I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you!

      Really great, and different marbled art pieces! Bright, Colorful!

      Good Luck,
      Iris (Camarena) Nevins ....another Mexican ...half anyway!
    • marie-p@despammed.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2003
        dear manihunt,
        i marbled exclusively with oils from 1983-1995. i used a cooked carrageenan size. oils can be floated on plain water, but i liked the effect better with a thickener added to the water. oils are very fluid and one cannot get nearly as much control or such fine patterns as in acrylic or watercolor because the oils continue to move fairly quickly on the surface of the water/size. however, the fluidity is the charm of the oil marbling and many wonderful effects can be had. one must use plenty of ventilation or work outside. when i would marble for hours on end, i would use a respirator mask and hope that none of the young kids from the neighborhood would come to the door. ha ha ha. anyhow, oils are quite fun. i even used them when working with my kids classes. soap and water clean up goes easily and i never had any complaints from the parents. not sure i would advise using them with kids in todays overly sanitary and safe-oriented society. of course we had big rooms, g!
        ood ventilation and short classes.

        happy marbling, marie palowoda
      • tomas viavant
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2003
          for those of you who might be interested in oil marbling, I have finished
          one half of my website:
          www.oilonwater.com

          I do not use linseed oil based colors. I make my colors with printing
          inks plus other oils and solvents

          I hope to have my website complete(or mostly so) in about two months.
          when it is finished,
          come visit me. Santo Tomas Aquino. Aquinas--- tomas D'Aquin

          aquinastomas@...