[Marbling] Re: Methyl Cel

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 16, 2002
      Use plain amonia from the grocery store...not the sudsy kind. Maybe there's
      another kind, but this does work well.

      Iris Nevins
    • Gail MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 16, 2002
        > I got my methyl cel from a paint shop (it's the one used for wall
        > paper), but have not been able to find any ammonia yet. That's why I
        > was wondering if it was absolutely necessary.

        Good luck..the MC used for wallpaper paste is not as refined or as pure and
        might not give you very good results. Regards, Gail

      • susaglenn
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 16, 2002
          The methyl cel Pro Chemical sells works well (at least for
          acrylics). Just follow their directions for mixing (including the
          ammonia part). They have a web site. If you want to order in larger
          quantities, just call them.
          Susa Glenn