Ebru in Istanbul

  • norasmama
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2002
      Hello. I am new to the list. I just took my first marbling class yesterday. I am currently studying Fine Bookbinding, and of course use marbled papers in almost every book that I create.

      My brother will be returning to Istanbul for business in a few weeks (he lived there for the last 3 years before moving back to the US this summer). He has offered to bring me back marbled papers, if I can tell him where to purchase them. I am also wondering how much money to send along with him -- Ideally I would like him to bring back 25-50 sheets that are at least 18 x 24 inches. However, I know next to nothing about cost and about the average size of papers that the ebru artists print.

      Can someone please advise, where should I send him, and how much money should I give him?

      Thank you in advance,
      Ann
    • Oguzhan Tugrul
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2002
        If people are interested in Turkish ebru artists
        in the European section of Istanbul ,
        we have a group established
        EBRUPA !

        will be delighted to help people
        looking for guidance in Ebru world in Istanbul,
        private collections,museum and library collections
        and related arts calligraphy,illumination,and bookarts

        prices are relative,since some Ebrucu think highly of their work
        we would rather introduce the member and non member Ebru makers
        and let the purchaser decide.

        please,do arrange an appointment

        IT IS AN INEBRIATING EXPERIENCE
        HERE AT THE COAST OF SEA OF MARBLE (Sea of Marmara)

        Oz from artistaNbul