IMG slides

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2002
      Hello all,

      I wanted to give you an update an the availability of
      slides from the conference. We'll have a definite
      price in November. Yesterday a professional
      photograper took slides of each piece selected for the
      slide set with the exception of some slides we could
      use from the jurying process. Once piece from each
      person in the juried, presenters and planning board
      exhibition will be included along with a group shot of
      all of the participants at IMG 2002. The photographer
      was asked to capture as much of the details of the
      marbling while maintaining the characteristics of each
      piece. I think those who order a set will be very
      pleased.

      An order form will be mailed to each IMG participant
      and a form will be posted on the yahoogroups site.

      Please be patient. This project is being done around
      an autumn show schedule and other business obligations
      that were put on hold for the Gathering.

      Also the exhibit goes up today at the Folk Art Center
      in Asheville, North Carolina, the headquarters of the
      Southern Highland Craft Guild on the Blue Ridge
      Parkway (www.southernhighlandcraftguild.org). The
      Guild has about 850 juiried members from the
      Appalachian mountain chain who work in paper, clay,
      wood, textiles, metal and man-made materials. Again
      one piece from each person in the juried and presenter
      exhibition will be exhibited from October 10 to
      January 26. I hope some of you have a chance to come
      see it. As organizers of the conference and members
      of the Guild Patty Schleicher, Mimi Schleicer and
      myself have been invited to show our work in their
      Focus Gallery Dec.21- Jan. 26. Since so many visitors
      come to the FAC from across the United States and from
      around the world it is very exciting to expose more
      people to the possibilities of marbling.

      Back to the studio and best to all,
      Laura

      http://faith.yahoo.com