Re: [Marbling] Sun Spot Marble

  • G
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2000
      Hi Adele,

      The image viewer that I used is IrfanView. It is a freeware program
      available for download from
      http://softwarecenter.net/irfanview/english.htm
      It is a great little program for the pc.

      Adele Epstein wrote:

      > From: Adele Epstein <atelier_adele@...>
      >
      > I'm having trouble with this one, too. I note that all the other jpeg
      > files in the archives have little pictures of mountains on their
      > icons, but this one doesn't. Does that mean something? G- can you
      > tell us more about this image viewer? What is it????, is it
      > software? how is it installed? I've never heard of an "image
      > viewer."
      >
      > Many thanks, Adele
      >
      > By way of intro, I marble for fun and to create papers to use in book
      > and box structures.As I live in an apartment, I marble sporadically,
      > in workshops or when I can rent/borrow or join someone in their studio
      > space. What drew me to marbling was the water and color, and the way
      > they interact (I'm really a water person). Have taken workshops with
      > Iris Nevins, Don Guyot and Lauren Rowland.
      >
      > Adele Epstein
      > New York, New York
      > atelier_adele@...
      >
      > Shortcut URL to this page:

      Adel Ga Online
      Webmeistress
      http://www.adelga.com
      Get Paid for surfing the web click here:
      http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=EFW-151
      Be sure to use ID# EFW-151
    • G
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2000
        Iris,
        If I recall correctly it wasn't yours.

        IrisNevins wrote:

        > From: IrisNevins <irisnevins@...>
        >
        > Is this my "sunspot" jpeg everyone is having trouble opening...or the other
        > one from G.Gruenebaum's book. If it is mine, it was a scan, saved in
        > photoshop as a jpeg. I can remove it and try putting up a picture taken
        > with a digital camera instead.
        >
        > Kodak Imaging is a program that comes with Win.95 and 98. Go to the Start
        > menu, then to Accessories, and it will be in the sub menu there.

        > Shortcut URL to this page:

        Adel Ga Online
        Webmeistress
        http://www.adelga.com
        Get Paid for surfing the web click here:
        http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=EFW-151
        Be sure to use ID# EFW-151
      • J Dolphin
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2000
          No-not yours Iris--unfortunately it is Peter's file--looking at the error
          message---I think some of the browsers here are not reading the header for
          the file properly.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2000
            Yes! This is a Good program to have!
            Jill