Re: [Marbling] Digest Number 433

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2002
      on 9/28/02 4:17 AM, Marbling@yahoogroups.com at Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > There are 2 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: Marbling in Switzerland
      > From: "V. Wilson" <rondelay@...>
      > 2. auction book
      > From: "enidadams" <enidadams@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:08:53 +1000
      > From: "V. Wilson" <rondelay@...>
      > Subject: Re: Marbling in Switzerland
      >
      > Jake - In "The Book" (now in my possession) both Geert and Lia van Daal
      > state that their samples were produced using powdered carrageen. It would
      > be worth enquiring of them where they obtain it.
      >
      > Vi W

      Ah- thanks- I didn't even notice those attached the comments! Mimi told me
      how Geert used dry moss boiled with "water obtained from a very dirty, leaf
      filled, rain trough outside" if I'm recalling this correctly.

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:07:09 -0000
      > From: "enidadams" <enidadams@...>
      > Subject: auction book
      >
      > Hi Jake and Vi,
      > Can one of you supply me with an image of the auction book? (and any
      > details of binding, Jake, ie. number of tip-ins). I want to feature
      > it in an article for Fiberarts, along with the winning bid price it
      > raised for our new Society of Marbling.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Enid Adams
      > enid@... or enidadams@...
      > 540-253-5678

      I don't remember the exact number of tip-ins- an Vi is still missing 2 more
      that Hikmet Barut├žugil gave to us at the conference.

      Dea Sasso's binding that was given to Patty Scleicher is much more
      commendable than my own! However, here are the specs for th 2 that I made:

      Italian Photo album pre-fabricated text-block with stubbing and glassine
      interleaving.

      Half Binding in Italian goatskin and marbled paper ends and sides.

      The auction book now in Vi's possession is marbled with a Stormont pattern
      using 3 colors, all made by myself from ochre, red earth, and natural indigo
      from Pondicherry, India.