Re: [Marbling] IMG 2002

  • V. Wilson
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 14, 2002
      You were such a gracious under-bidder Iris! Your congratulatory hug meant
      a great deal. I arrived home this morning, and the book arrived safely
      too. The man at Quarantine in Sydney showed more than passing interest in
      it - think he thought the boards were wood, (hope they were not, Jake!)
      While I was visiting with the Guyots, we paid a visit to Nancy, and Eileen
      Canning was there too, so both their signatures are now in the book. Mimi
      - I know you signed your piece, but somehow I missed getting your signature
      on the page. Sorry!! Guess I will just have to haul the book to the next
      Gathering!

      And I would like to add my sincere thanks and warmest congratulations to
      everyone involved in the organization of the Gathering. It was truly a
      mammoth effort. The sense of community and sharing were wonderful, and I
      doubt that anyone was disappointed - except those who for one reason or
      another were unable to attend. Sincere thanks also to Arrowmont staff for
      providing such great food and facilities.

      One of the highlights was being able to see first hand the incredible
      Modern Marblers folios which Jean-Marie Seaton worked on so lovingly for so
      many years. A person of half her years would have been hard pressed to
      produce a more beautiful tribute to marbling. Truly magnificent. Bravo,
      Jean-Marie!

      Best wishes
      Vi Wilson