intro

  • Marjorie Priser
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2000
      Have collected marbled paper when I found it, always wishing to be
      able to do it. Many years ago, at a Dallas Book & Paper show (while
      visiting my son in Dallas) I was able to watch Catherine Levine marble
      paper. She offered a book, which I purchased. Sent off to Paper Routes (in
      Dallas) for carragheenan and then promptly put everything away, never to use
      it.
      About a month ago, I uncovered (!?) everything and decided to try my
      hand at it. Her method suggests Liquitex tube paints. I was moderately
      successful at it and decided I would demonstrate this particular method to
      our rubber-stamp club that meets once a month. After a successful session
      that day, I looked on the web for further information and found this group.
      I am looking forward to hearing about other methods, other person's
      successes and...failures, too! So far, it looks like there are several
      persons who have joined this list who are willing to freely exchange
      information. I, for one, will appreciate this very much and will
      participate if it looks like I can offer any thing of value. A friend has
      purchased the kit that Iris Nevins offers. We will be able to compare and
      to exchange papers.
      Thanks again for the list. Will be most appreciative of
      informative-type posts!!
      Marge Priser in Indiana
      mapriser@...