Grant

  • mpmh60201
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2002
      Debbie- I wish you the best in applying for a personal grant!
      It is extremely difficult if you are requesting a "personal"
      environment. I have been on several grants panels. Your own
      financial situation and the fact that you have a job elsewhere means
      nothing. Mimi's credentials rate high, but you are applying for
      personal instruction ...which rates "0". It is the same as a healthy
      student applying for a personal home tutor. (A marbling environment
      can change with the fickle weather, your own temperament, etc.) We
      have given grants for a person to take a special workshop for artistic
      advancement in a specified field of endeavor, but never for a "Master"
      to personally teach a novice. That is not a sound basis for a grant.
      Please post your application results as your request is quite
      interesting.

      My own struggle was helped with several workshops...the rest was up to
      me. It was a major time and career shift to focus on marbling. You
      don't sound as if you want this enough to change your lifestyle and
      will still have NUMEROUS problems to solve no matter how and where you
      continue your marbling studies.

      Norma Rubovits once said to me that the personal stuggle is what makes
      a good marbler into an exceptional one. None of us have been as
      fortunate as Mimi to have our mother teach us! She is truly blessed
      and must be a joy to Patty! A