Re: Oguzhan

  • E V Tresselt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2002
      Hi Jake, I guess I'm writing to everyone, but to answer your question about
      Oz's email... Oz returned to Istanbul last Saturday (8/3) after spending six
      weeks in the states. He was in Washington representing Turkey as a glass
      artist in Washington DC at the Silk Road Folk Life Festival (check out
      website -- it was an amazing event). He spent the last two weeks of his
      stay at my house in Danbury, CT, with several side trips including one to
      Boston to visit Elaine Koretsky, who is an accomplished paper maker and
      devoted documenter of the history of paper making. I don't mean to
      digress -- I believe his email is just temporarily not in service. The
      address at this point has not changed, but hopefully he will be back online
      soon and you should be able to reach him. No doubt, he will be most
      interested in what you have learned about the possibility of marbling
      originating in Szechuan and I look forward to his comments. My immediate
      response is, why not? However, I also feel that marbling probably
      originated in several geographic locations simultaneously (and we do know
      there are many places where marbling WASN'T). But it is too basic a concept
      and at the same time too sacred for any one group to claim it. It's like
      trying to claim God. Searching for the oldest documented information is like
      unraveling the most wonderful and amazing treasure ball. It keeps pulling
      you in deeper and deeper until you know you are at the source of a mystical
      thing. I appreciate all the information you are sharing with us and look
      forward to meeting you at the Gathering. Sincerely, Nelle (Tresselt)
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2004
        Hello Everyone,

        I tried to write to Oguzhan Tugrul at the email address:

        uygur13@...

        It no longer works.

        Anyone know where he is and what he is up to?

        I thought he was going to be in DC for a while....

        Jake

        ps- I hear Hikmet Barut├žugil is coming to Chicago- are there any
        details about the event yet?

        I found this English-language link, but none of the buttons work:

        <http://www.chicagoturkishfestival.com/>

        Then there are these Turkish language announcements:

        <http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/news/286021.asp?cp1=1>

        <http://www.mezunusa.com/icerik/attractions/display_attraction.cfm?
        ID=15068&VIEW_MONTH=9&VIEW_YEAR=2004>

        Benson's Hand Bindery
        Fine Custom Bookbinding, Conservation, & Hand Marbled Papers
        1027 Brookwood Circle
        West Columbia, SC 29169
        (803) 926-5544
        handbindery@...