Courses offered in Turkey

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      This announcement made it's way to the BookArts_L and I though I would post
      it here. I have no idea who is involved in this particular venture. Would
      any of our Turkish colleagues be able to tell us more about this intriguing
      "Akademi"? I went to the web site, which was entirely in Turkish, and found
      no references to these courses. Hence, I have no idea who the "specialized
      professional teachers" are....

      Belki Türk arkadeslaramiz daha anlamak vereceksiniz? Cevapiniz
      bekleyoruz.... Lütfen cevap Ingilizce dilide "marbling list" ile
      yazicaksiniz...

      Akademi Istanbul, a private art and communication school situated in
      Istanbul, Turkey will be providing traditional Turkish handcraft course
      programs for the branches listed below, in the 2002-2003 educational year.
      These courses will also be opened in English for the incoming foreigners by
      specialized professional teachers.

      Traditional Turkish Handcraft Course Programs

      Hat (Traditional Turkish and Islamic Calligraphic Painting )
      Miniature (Traditional Turkish and Islamic Painting)
      Tezhip (Traditional Turkish and Islamic Book Decorating Art)
      Ebru (Traditional Turkish and Islamic Paper Decorating Technique)
      Mosaic (Ancient and Traditional Mosaic Decorating Technique)

      We wish to contact all the museums and art schools which are organising this
      kind of art and craft education programs in your country. Would you please
      let us know whether this information could reach all of the members of your
      association and interested art schools. In case this is not the way could
      you send us the email addresses we need. We are looking forward to hearing
      from you as soon as possible.

      Yours sincerely,

      Dr. Semih Ozkan
      General Art Consultant