IMG info

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2002
      Hello all,

      Since individual needs and requests are starting to
      come through the group list I want you to have my
      personal email so that I can answer individual
      questions directly. It is indigostone2@....

      Please feel free to contact me any time. I try to
      check mail every day. Next week I do have a show, so
      if there is delayed response that is why.

      By the way thanks for the additional tool tips.

      I want to take a brief moment to share some thoughts
      on a more formal publication whether on a web site or
      in newsletter format. The most important step to
      making it possible has already occurred...there are a
      couple of people interested in starting it...it really
      just takes one, so we're already ahead of the game.
      There have been some good questions to consider, but
      nothing that a little creative problem solving and
      investigation won't answer. A mission statement would
      maintain focus: Something like: "a publication which
      provides information to expand knowledge and
      understanding of the historical past of marbling, as
      well as, inspires innovations and creative expression
      in the marbling field."...a little ruff, but you get
      the idea. A 501 C-3 may be necessary to allow us to
      handle currency and apply for grants. Besides, it
      seems most things worthwhile have a "bitch" factor. I
      think we would all benefit tremendously. The yahoo
      group has been so good for trouble-shooting and
      informal exchanges of information. Personally, I like
      the existing format. I would be interested in any
      feed-back.

      Best to all and have a pleasant weekend,

      Laura

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2002
        Of starting an organization or such, this list can still be maintained to
        serve notices, exchange info, etc,etc. If you go on to develop something
        much bigger- a web site, the list can still be valuble as a message board.
        If it becomes obvious that the list is no longer of any value, then I will
        close it with due notice to the participants.
        thanks
        Jill