Re: [Marbling] re: one more way to make a comb

  • del&maryStubbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10 7:19 AM
      ok - one more -

      I'm not sure if we came up with this idea or if we got the idea from a
      marbling book somewhere along the line........we use what we call "foam
      core"......it is a rigid foam presentation/poster board, about 1/4"
      thick (about 5 mm).......insert toothpicks or whatever you like to use
      at whatever measurements you want. The foam seems to hold the
      toothpicks quite well.

      I liked the collapsable comb idea.....and it ocurred to me, a person
      could do that with the foam core.....it could be scored and cut half way
      through (leaving the heavy paper to hold the other side), then folded.
      then a thin wood strip and some sort of clamp could be used to hold
      it together ......what about those large "potato chip bag clamps"?
      Mary Thouin-Stubbs