Tiger-eye

  • Iris Nevins
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2000
      I have just posted a jpg. file called "eye" to the list. This was
      done using fireplace ash, mixed with black. I let it stand open a few
      days, stirring a few times a day. It was then splattered with a large
      brush. I used my own paints, so can't say how it will work with
      others exactly. I used 1/2 cup paint and about 1/4 cup ash. It's not
      quite a true tiger eye, but interesting. Not sure if I could
      duplicate it yet....it was a "play-day" experiment and I only did it
      once.