oops! and tip

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 10:39 AM
      Sorry about that everyone I didn't realize the
      message to the Turkish participants was going to the
      entire group.

      Marbling tip for making a comb. Since I logged on
      again I thought it would be fun to make the most of
      it. I don't think I've shared this. Montse Buxo' from
      Barcelona showed me a great trick. She cuts a 1-2
      inch wide strip of door screen a length to fit her
      tray. Along one edge she weaves a long sewing needle
      in and out 2 to 4 times so that it is held in place
      then pushes the point through so that it sticks beyond
      the screen 2 inches. Every few squares she repeats
      the process until she completes the flexible comb.
      She then glues or clamps it to a thin strip of wood
      1-2 inches wide and the same length as the screen to
      make a stiff handle for the comb. She actually folds
      up her travel combs for teaching and puts them in a
      little case. When she uses them they are clamped to a
      strip of wood.

      Hope you each have a pleasant weekend.

      Best, Laura

      http://sbc.yahoo.com