Re: [Marbling] Yahoo! marketing and SPAM

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2002
      It is a very large but not impossible endeavor. I'm sure this matter will
      also be discussed at the conference this year , too. It is a lot of research
      and you will need people savvy in internet matters, Not marbling, to set up
      and maintain the web presence. Certainly I hope the conference will allow
      people a chance to discuss this matter, and here too.
      Thanks
      Jill
      > Yahoo may be a convenient way to bring us together, but we may find at
      some
      > point that we could do better.
    • jemiljan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2002
        We are plannig a panel discussion on this very topic on Saturday
        afternoon. Yes, you are correct that it will take a group of
        "techies" to manage the web aspects. I think the idea is to start
        small- have a short, occasional newsletter letter sent snail-mail.
        If we can get a Non-profit up and running, then we can apply for
        the funding.

        I might point out that when compared to what we paid for
        marbling magazine subscriptions, this may actually be a little bit
        cheaper and easier to manage.

        I'm just brainstorming for now, but would love to hear more
        comments on this issue. In particular, I would like to ask
        everyone:

        "If we had a marbling society, what goals would you like to see
        established?"

        "What could a marbling society do for you personally?"

        "Would you subscribe to an on-line marbling magazine?"

        Jake