Paper for Cards

  • mpmh60201
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2002
      There is no need to press or flatten marbled paper that has been
      created on the correct weight paper. Heavy weights are a bit more
      difficut to lay in the tank (air pockets), but worth the effort. Once
      thoroughly dry (by hanging), the paper can be cut to size on a paper
      cutter very quickly. No pressing, no ironing. Commercial, high
      quality cover stock is the best since it will not be used for archival
      purposes. However, it is generally only sold to the printing trade and
      not for personal use. Perhaps someone out there has an outlet for you.
    • nwdreamr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2002
        Thank you all for your suggestions.

        I don't know where I will be able to obtain the commercial grade
        card stock, but I am having some success in flattening my paper. I
        believe the problem is lack of control over the drying process. The
        edges dry quicker than the center which creates a fluting effect, so
        I am now experimenting on controlling the drying.

        Sincerely,

        jan