More on shrinking circles

  • del&maryStubbs
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 7:40 AM
      Shrinking circles - they don't shrink enough to sink - but the colors
      can spread up to about 3-4 inches and then fairly rapidly shrink down
      to 1 to 1-1/2". This has happened using 2 different brands of
      paints - and if it does it, every color does it - doesn't seem to
      matter. Doesn't seem to matter if the bath is old or fresh. The
      paints and the bath seem to be the same temp - ( difficult to measure
      temps of paints - but they were in the same environment etc. The
      curious thing is the last time I marbled - the first day was the
      shrinking problem (no matter what colors I used) - and the next day -
      the colors spread nicely and stayed. I was marbling again a few days
      ago - same shrinking problem - I added a little photo flo to the colors,
      it helped some -but they still had the shrinking tendency. I measured
      the temp of bath and it was 71-72 degees, and it was a humid day.
      Perhaps the marbling muses are just having fun? mary