oils on fabric

  • Marie Palowoda
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2002
      Blankdear weshabak
      i marbled for years with artist tube oils on fabric. i thin the oils with 100% mineral spirits. i never did like my experiments from using plain water as a size so i used powdered carrageenan (Health food variety) that i cooked with water till it thickened. the next day i would thin it with water. that was before i knew about instant blender carrageenan and i see no reason why that would not work. a lot easier too. A couple years ago i tried the water soluble oils. yuck-o, might as well use acrylics.
      good luck, marie

      Marbled Artworks by Marie Palowoda
      2605 W. 19th Street Road
      Greeley, CO 80634 USA