Sun Spot Marble

  • baumgartner.papierdesign@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2000
      Does anyone on the list have experience with creating sun spot marbled
      papers? There are prescriptions in Miura's and Gruenebaum's books; they
      use "kreolin". I searched the web for kreolin - without success; I asked
      my local chemist - without success.

      Peter

      ----------
      Peter Baumgartner
      Freiburg/Germany
      http://www.papierdesign.de
    • baumgartner.papierdesign@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2000
        I scanned a sun spot paper from the book "The Art of Marbled Paper" by
        Einen Miura (page 80). If you want, I mail it as an attachment to you
        (.jpg file).
        Peter
      • baumgartner.papierdesign@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2000
          J Dolphin schrieb:
          > Actually--if you upload the file into the community page--everyone can take
          > a look at it then. If you put it as a file attachment

          Done.
          Peter
        • Adele Epstein
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2000

            I'm having trouble with this one, too.  I note that all the other jpeg files in the archives have little pictures of mountains on their icons, but this one doesn't.  Does that mean something?  G- can you tell us more about this image viewer?  What is it????, is it software?  how is it installed?   I've never heard of an "image viewer."

            Many thanks, Adele

            By way of intro, I marble for fun and to create papers to use in book and box structures.As I live in an apartment, I marble sporadically, in workshops or when I can rent/borrow or join someone in their studio space.  What drew me to marbling was the water and color, and the way they interact (I'm really a water person).  Have taken workshops with Iris Nevins, Don Guyot and Lauren Rowland.

            Adele Epstein
            New York, New York
            atelier_adele@...

            Do You Yahoo!?
          • Evi Parissi
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5, 2000
              --- In Marbling@onelist.com, Adele Epstein <atelier_adele@y...> wrote:

              > I'm having trouble with this one, too. I note that all the other
              jpeg files in the archives have little pictures of mountains on their
              icons, but this one doesn't. Does that mean something? G- can you
              tell us more about this image viewer? What is it????, is it
              software? how is it installed? I've never heard of an "image
              viewer."

              > Many thanks, Adele

              > Adele Epstein
              > New York, New York

              I, too, had problem viewing this file and to overcome the problem I
              associated the file with my browser and was able to see it.
              I have a Windows 98 platform and use both Netscape and Microsoft
              Explorer.
            • Evi Parissi
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 5, 2000
                If you have a Windows98 platform and use Netscape you can view the
                file by right clicking on the image link and choose the "Open in New
                Window" option from the dialog box that appears. Then choose "Open
                it" from the new dialog box and it will open easily.

                Hope I helped a bit.

                Evi Parissi
              • anjutai
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 14, 2008
                  Hi Peter

                  I just read your message. Would you please mail the sun spot to me
                  too. Thank you.

                  Anjali