Re: [Marbling] Digest Number 353

  • Weshabak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2002
      Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to marble with OIL PAINTS on FABRIC??? Please
      excuse the capitals, I need to emphasize that I am desperate!!! I have tried
      artists' tube oils that I diluted with turpenoid, and it didn't work. I tried
      water soluable oil paints diluted with water (didn't work), and turpenoid
      (didn't work). I tried liquid oil paint (Krylon) and it didn't work either.
      I saw a pictures of oil marbling on both fabric (silk!!!) and paper in
      several books, but the technique is explained very vaguely, well, I didn't
      understand it. Can somebody PLEASE help me? I cannot afford to go the
      marbling convention, so to suggest that will not help.