Re: [Marbling] Survey

  • James M Mahoney
    Message 1 of 16 , May 14, 2002
      I am a professional artist, in important portion of which is marbling
      since I use it in my artwork.
      My income is derived from my art. Since I am a multimedia artist, this
      includes marbling, both paper and other fibers. The portion of time
      spent marbling depends on my "stock" of papers (meaning I probably will
      marble because I want that specific color or design/shape for this
      specific piece of art I'm working on - and you rarely have just exactly
      what you need, do you!)
      I have a studio at my home, where I can work day and/or night.
      I teach some workshops, but usually no more than 3 or 4 per year, as I
      prefer to spend my time on my art.
      When I teach or demonstrate, it is through established arts organizations
      or institutions.
      I have not attended an international gathering, but I will be at
      Arrowmont in September.

      Monita Mahoney

      On Thu, 09 May 2002 14:58:08 -0000 "mpmh60201" <milena@...>
      writes:
      > I am taking a survey as to how many marblers currently reading and
      > using this group forum are professionals (full time), or hobbiests
      > (part time).
      > If a professional marbler: is your income derived solely from
      > creating
      > marbled papers or other venues such as fabric, etc? All: How many
      > hours per week do you marble? In a studio geared for marbling? In
      > room in your home set up for marbling when needed, such as kitchen,
      >
      > etc? Do you teach classes or workshops? If yes: Privately or
      > through
      > an educational institution? How often per year? Have you attended
      > marbling seminars or international gatherings? How many? Please
      > respond within the month of May, 2002, with pertinent info. No long
      >
      > dissertations! Thank you so much for sharing.

    • Gail MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 16 , May 16, 2002
        Hello,

        I enjoy reading this group forum, and often have something I¹d like to ad,
        but don¹t take the extra time. I hope that the same questions will be
        brought up at Arrowmont this Fall.

        I work full time AND over time. If I added up the hours for traveling and
        doing shows, I think I would drop dead!!

        All of my income is derived from marbling: accessories and interiors.

        I have a 750 square foot studio dedicated to marbling messes.

        I have attended 2 conventions and am really looking forward to the next one!

        Regards!! Gail

      • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 15, 2004
          Just completed the survey. Goodness - I only hope I understood every time what they
          wanted.

          Susanne Krause