Re: [Marbling] Digest Number 350

  • mtdatpw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2002
      Hi, Milena Martha Duran here; perhaps you remember me with my daughter
      in law, Sheila Duran in Winnetka, a wannabe marbler. To answer your survey:
      I somehow do not like the term hobbyist so say I am an advanced
      amateur marbler working on both paper and fabrics. I find fabrics sell
      better, especially silks, so I sometimes pay part of my "hobby" expenses with
      them.
      Besides being a marbler I am a paper maker and divide my art time.
      When the marbling is out I work intensely, many hours each day, for several
      weeks. Then other projects come out and the marbling waits its turn again.
      Over time, as the family grew and left home, I have carved out almost
      half of my home for a studio.
      I have shared what I know in many workshops mostly in my studio.
      Before my recent move I taught perhaps five times a year.
      I have attended three gatherings, including Istanbul, and am
      registered for Arrowmont.
      You didn't ask, but I have taken workshops from Don Guyot, Galen Berry
      and yourself. See you at Arrowmont, md