Re: Digest Number 345

  • George K. Huber
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2002
      >behind the horse the only part of this that is marbled, or is the ink drawing
      >sitting on top of the larger block which has been marbled?
      > I have never been able to analyze complex works such as this.

      In this book:

      Title: Christopher Weimann (1946-1988) : a tribute /
      Author(s): Weimann, Ingrid. ; Weimann, Christopher. ; Sönmez, Nedim,;
      1957-
      Publication:Tübingen : Jäckle-Sönmez,
      Year:1991
      29 cm.
      Language:English
      Descriptor:Marbling (Bookbinding) -- Specimens.
      Marbled papers -- United States.
      Note(s):"This book is published in two formats. The regular edition
      numbered 101-400 contains 8 original
      marbled papers by Christopher
      Weimann. The deluxe edition numbered 1-100 contains in addition
      ... 4 special pieces ... Regular
      edition number 162"--T.p. verso./ Mounted sample on t.p./ Includes
      bibliographical references.
      Responsibility: Ingrid Weimann ; Nedim Sönmez ; with over 90
      illustrations, 38 in color and 8/12 original samples
      made by Christopher Weimann.

      which is a tribute/memorial to the late Christopher Weimann, who died
      tragically so young, there are articles about him as well as a collection
      of his writings. He was fascinated by marbling with stencils and he
      figured out how the old masters created designs such as this typical "old
      nag". He tells here how it was done here.

      George K. Huber
      Swarthmore College