classes

  • James M Mahoney
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2002
      I would like to add to the information about upcoming classes. I will be
      teaching a marbling workshop again this summer (mid-July) in the
      mountains of North Carolina, if anyone is interested. I do have a
      background in traditional marbling on both paper and fibers; however,
      this is a class geared to art marbling, particularly for artists. The
      particulars can be found at www.hemlocks.com.

      One additional comment - I couldn't agree more regarding standards for
      marbling, which Laura so beautifully addressed. First, knowing and
      achieving that level each of us must first reach, and second, making sure
      we maintain those standards anytime we put something out for others to
      see, purchase, etc. Each of us helps set those high standards we want to
      keep for marbling. It's so nice to see the subject given importance and
      discussed.

      Monita Mahoney
    • marie-p@despammed.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
        suzanne,
        milena hughes teaches classes in the chicago area. she is a marbling at yahoo member.
      • mpmh60201 <milena@interaccess.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, marie-p@d... wrote:
          > suzanne,
          > milena hughes teaches classes in the chicago area. she is a
          marbling at yahoo member.

          Hello Suzanne,
          Please contact me. I'm in the Evanston phone book.
          No current public workshops- only private instruction during the
          winter months, and giving a suminagashi demo on Feb. 3, at the Smart
          Museum of Art of The University of Chicago (in conjunction with two
          19th Japanese exhibitions) for their Family Day: continuous from 1-4
          PM. The Evanston Art Center will be offering a Marblers Retreat May
          31/June 1, which I will be setting up (12 max., registration is now
          open).