Yahoo

  • del&maryStubbs
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 8:52 PM
      I understand the marketing trick yahoo just pulled on all subscribers
      hasn't been metioned on this forum yet. Anyone who has a yahoo account
      should learn about this.....I am reprinting a post below, with
      permission, from a webmasters forum I participate in. Del

      Recently Yahoo did a rather dastardly thing, so I'm sending this out to
      Yahoo lists that I manage. Tbis does not apply to you if you do not have
      any
      sort of account with Yahoo or do not have a Yahoo ID. If you're really
      not
      sure whether you have an account with them, go to the Yahoo search page
      <http://www.yahoo.com> and click on the link that says "My Yahoo" (or
      the
      logo in the upper right area for My Yahoo). On the page that will come
      up,
      if the ID already is filled in, then you have a Yahoo account. Enter
      your
      password, then pursue the actions below. if the ID isn't filled in, you
      may
      have a Yahoo account anyway but may have "signed out" last time you used
      Yahoo service. Enter your Yahoo ID and Password and proceed.

      ------------------

      Those of you who have a Yahoo e-mail address or who have any sort of
      account
      with Yahoo (example: "My Yahoo" or similar services), need to be sure
      and go
      to your account and examine your marketing settings.

      Yahoo recently revised its policies, including giving themselves
      permission
      to market to you by e-mail, telephone and regular mail uness you say
      they
      can't. If previously you had set this as your preference, it doesn't
      matter--they went in and changed ALL their accounts to suit themselves,
      then
      sent out notices that said if you wanted your preferences to be
      different
      than what they set them to be, you had to change them yourself. You
      probably
      got such an e-mail from them but you may have ignored it.

      Please go to any Yahoo service you may have, or to your Yahoo e-mail
      account. Look for a link that says "Account Info." In Yahoo Mail, look
      at
      the top for a link that says "Options." Click it and then click "Account

      Information."

      Once you get to your Account Information page, click the link that says
      "Edit Your Marketing Preferences." Look for the columns on the right
      that
      say "Include Me." If you haven't changed anything recently, you'll
      probably
      find all of these to be checked "Yes." Click "no" on any of them you
      don't
      want or all of them.

      IMPORTANT! Look below those columns and you will see preferences as
      regards
      e-mail, telephone and U.S. Mail. Check the "Do Not Contact" boxes if
      that's
      your preference. When all is as you want it, click "Save Changes."

      if you have any questions, let me know.

      --Richard Huggins