questions re. toxics

  • northernlights2n
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      2 questions, 1 comment:

      Milena - where I can learn more about carcinogenic factors with methyls (and other solvents) that you spoke of?

      Also - there was a comment about a concern of the dust of dried paints becoming airborne - I presume the concern is the metals in
      some paints?.......but once it is dried - does it really produce dust?.......if that is the case - then why wouldn't it be the same concern
      when we paint our walls?

      Comment regarding protective gloves.......I used to use those same type of latex gloves that the medical professionals use....but I
      noticed when using solvents - my hands would be almost immediately wet inside. My hands just don't sweat that much - so I
      contacted a technical service person from "MSC" (a manufacturers supply), and was told what I had suspected - that those gloves
      don't completely protect from solvents. I then purchased gloves that were made for that purpose - they are very durable - and
      protect well. The only negative thing about them is that they are not a tight fit, so they are clumsy. Mary Thouin-Stubbs