Re: [Marbling] Varnish on Marbled Wood

  • del&maryStubbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2002
      Jake, Iris and Milena - thank you for responding to my question and
      sharing your thoughts on this. With the consensus being so strong not
      to try the albumen, I will give up on that idea, and try the matte
      urethane. I have used other finishes on my marbled woodturnings such as
      lacquer, and can get them to work - but between the problems involved
      with applying these finishes, such as Milena pointed out, and not being
      real happy with the "coated" look......the albumin mix sounded like just
      the ticket.

      Both my husband and myself will be at the conference. We are really
      looking forward to it and are also looking forward to seeing your wood
      demos, Milena!

      Back to the drawing board, as the saying goes. Mary