Re: [Marbling] Digest Number 337

  • del&maryStubbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2002
      Thanks for getting back to me on this!

      Jake - Our local paint and "wealth of information" store recommended the
      matte urethane as well. So I will certainly try that too.....but I'm
      curious about this albumin finish.....here has been my train of
      thought..........

      1.) It's my understanding that "egg" finishes are very durable (but
      maybe not waterpoof)?
      2.) That the marbled surface of the wood may not be that much different
      than paper - so I thought if it works on paper - it may work on wood?

      If you care to comment - "yay or nay" - I would appreciate hearing your
      or others thoughts.

      I have used acrylic - and it is quite plastic looking. I have also used
      lacquers, spray fixatives, waxes, other varnishes...all kind of make the
      marbling go flat - or have too much of a barrier over the marbling.

      That's all for now. Mary