albumin and alum

  • northernlights2n
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2002
      Hi - Does anyone out there have any knowledge of the egg white and alum mix that can be used as a 'protective' coat over
      marbling? ......or something similar? ( I know I can use a spray fixative - but I hate the stuff). I posed this question in my last post
      and haven't heard anything - perhaps it was too long - so thought I would try again. Thanks! Mary Thouin-Stubbs
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2002
        The mix I have used....forgot what it was, but I believe you mix in as much
        alum as will be absorbed? Jake Benson may know. But as for a coating, mine,
        anyway, if it gets wet it dissolves.Maybe mine isn't right?