Thanks for the advice

  • david_2777
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2002
      Thanks to Milena Hughes and Sandra Thomas for your comments and
      advice. Well I've been searching for a medium which is both
      challenging and equally rewarding and appeals to my taste, and
      although it may be a little premature, I think marbling is for me and
      I'm in for the long haul or until I run out of hair to pull. I'm
      aware thats its like most disciplines that demand patience,
      perseverance and a pinch of luck to achieve good results. But I'm
      confident that through 'marbling gong' or repetition that I will
      guide some floating paint into works of art. As I have a number of
      friends involved in fabric design and clothing manufacture (all small
      scale and hand made), I was hoping to supply them with some marbled
      fabric for something different. And don't be alarmed Milena cause I
      won't be revealing any marbled items to the public until my artistic
      integrity is satisfied. (and as I'm not working at present I hope
      that occurs sooner than later)hehe

      I have got Diane Maurer-Mathison's 'the ultimate marbling handbook'
      and have found that extremely useful thus far including my internet
      searchs and tips shared by veteran marblers.

      Thanks again, look forward to reading through the archives for jewels
      of wisdom.