RE: [Marbling] Liquitex medium

  • Sandra Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2002
      Hi David,

      Can you get the paints from Galen Berry? I had good results on fabric with
      these. Try this site:
      http://members.aol.com/marbling/marbling/
      <http://members.aol.com/marbling/marbling/>

      Also the fabric you use has a lot to do with the vibrancy. The smoother and
      higher thread count fabrics seem to show the colors best. I had problems
      with pre colored fabrics. I think the colorfasting process puts a barrier to
      the marbling process. You can always dye your own colors. I had some great
      results from shirting fabric. It was smooth, white and 100% cotton.
      Good luck
      Regarding the lumps: Do you use a blender for your carrageenan? If not or
      not blended long enough could account for lumps.

      sandy