Re: [Marbling] marbling space

  • John Ang
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12 8:55 PM
      Welcome to the list, Del and Mary-Celine

      I do my marbling in my other bathroom. To prevent paint splatter on the
      wall tiles, I hang a large sheet of pvc (make 2 holes on either sides of
      the sheet to hang) on the wall (front facing) with 2 suction cups onto the
      wall.

      Bathroom was chosen as it has a source of water.

      >Question: We would be interested in hearing how other folks have dealt
      >with the problem of paint spatter for those of you who may
      >marble in your living space - (who don't have a designated marbling area
      >where it wouldn't matter where and what surface the
      >paints land ). We are in the process of building and have considered
      >where to have a marbling area. Presently, when we marble,
      >we set up in our kitchen - but have to put protective cloths
      >everywhere. We are going to have a laundry room - and thought to have
      >that as a marbling space - but we would still have to come up with some
      >way to protect the floor, walls, appliances etc. Have any of
      >you come up with some good solutions to this problem - something that
      >would be QUICK AND EASY? We are a little stumped on this
      >one. We could set up in our basement - but we would have the same problem
      >of not wanting to get paint spatters all over
      >everything.
      >
      >~~~~~~~~~~

      :)

      John Ang Cheng Siew
      My Paper Marbling Website: <http://home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13 3:48 AM
        I used to marble in a basement--right on top of all the flat topped laundry
        appliances--always had drape sheets everywhere...now I am in an apartment
        and in the kitchen. I must admit it is awkward--as the space is much
        smaller. I am still using drapes, but at clean up time, inevitably, I find a
        splatter anyway.
        Jill
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13 4:30 AM
          Seems we ALL start in kitchens or bathrooms! In 1978 I started in the
          teeniest kitchen you could imagine. Lay newspapers all over the floor, they
          pick up easily and it's damp but clean inderneath when done. Also taped
          newspapers to the walls with masking tape. And don't let anyone eat over
          the tray!