7450Re: [Marbling] New to Marbling!

  • Nancy Akerly
    May 6, 2014
      Sadly, Mary Carol, Hollanders no longer has classes.  That would have been a natural, being in Ann Arbor.  I teach marbling classes, but I am located across the big lake, Michigan, in Northern Door County.  My next marbling class is at The Clearing in Ellison Bay but not until September.
      Nancy

      Sent from my iPad
      Liberty Grove Paper Arts

      On May 6, 2014, at 7:36 PM, Mary Carol Koester <marycarol@...> wrote:

      Mary, I would think Hollander's has marbling classes.

      Best, Mary Carol

      On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Mary Valerie Richter <fibercats@...> wrote:

      Greetings! I appreciate inclusion in this group.

      I am a fiber artist and I primarily work with shibori techniques using MX dyes on cotton and silk fabric. I stumbled upon an exhibit of beautiful marbled fabric by Elin Noble at the Schweinfurth a couple of years ago and have been looking for a workshop in my area ever since. At the end of May I will participate in a week-long marbling workshop at Nancy Crow's Timber Frame Barn in Ohio, led by Elin Noble. Though I have experience using acrylic textile paints on fabric, I basically know very little about marbling -- except for a shave-cream marbling mini-class I took many years ago. I have also made paper in the past. In the mean time, I am reading through the archives to glean information. I'm certain I will have inquiries after I take the workshop.

      Cheers!

      Mary, from Ann Arbor, MI

      --
      Mary Carol Koester