7444Re: [Marbling] Got one to print!

  • Deluwiel Xox
    Apr 27, 2014
      nice! I'm glad you're having some success.  Warning: This is where it becomes addicting LOL  I use whisks or even old paintbrushes to splatter for small areas if I'm doing something in the neighborhood of a 22 x 22 bandana size piece of silk. For scarves or larger pieces of fabric I go with droppers or, more often, squeeze bottles. Droppers work well for me to do bullseyes or to lay the colors in rows. The squeeze bottles are great to just shake over the surface. I use those most often.  Try them all!  See what happens!
      On Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:44 PM, "herrenfam@..." <herrenfam@...> wrote:

      Here, I got this one to print in vibrant colors using the Spanish Wave.I think I may have just messed up the surfactant qualities of my paint by combining both Galen's gall and the GAC 900. Maybe I need to start my paints over again.One thing I don't understand is that I have to add 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of GAC 900 to a one oz paint jar to get the paints to float. Same with Galen's gall. Why is that?!? Is it because my original paints were mixed with hard tap water? (The carrageenan was made with distilled water)One last question: how many of you use droppers, and how many use broomstick? What difference do the two make in the final combed paper design?https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Marbling/photos/albums/845921062

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic