7423Re: [Marbling] Help! My paints are sinking with carrageenan!

  • blskoog
    Apr 17, 2014
      Hi Michelle ~ With all the variables in marbling that impact results, you're definitely encountering them all! Sometimes a little personal instruction is the best solution when it comes to the crazy world of marbling. Pat K. Thomas is a great teacher and is always teaching marbling classes at Campbell Folk School, Arrowmont, and her studio over in North Carolina and Tennessee. Nancy Akerly teaches a variety of classes in Wisconsin. Regina and Dan St. John teach classes throughout the year on the East Coast. Elin Noble is teaching a fabric marbling class in Ohio in May. I'm in Southern California but am done with my group classes for this half of the year (but do private lessons throughout the summer). I'm not sure if Galen Berry (Midwest) or Iris Nevins (East Coast) are teaching this year but you may want to check them out ~ I think they both have instructional books for sale as well (and both sell high-quality marbling supplies). And I vaguely remember someone doing a class in Portland, OR sometime in the next month but I can't remember details. Any other marblers out there teaching...feel free to pipe up!

      If you don't live in the U.S., there are quite a few marblers actively teaching in Turkey, Spain, South Africa, Italy, and the U.K. Their info is a google search away.

      Barb Skoog
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic