7336Re: [Marbling] Re: interesting process

  • Mary Shilman
    Jan 7, 2014
      I believe there was a marbler in Washington state (in the 1970s) who marbled with enamels, that it was a dangerous process because of the solvents involved, that his work sparked some controversy because of that, and that he died at a young age.  His story may be referred to in an early "Ink and Gall"(not Christopher Weimann).  Does that ring any bells with anyone?

      On Jan 7, 2014, at 9:29 AM, carylhanc@... wrote:

      Sorry!  I have seen fingernails "marbled" with nail polish - google it, maybe youtube? They floated the polish - 2 or 3 colors - on water (don't remember and am not sure) and then dipped each finger through the swirls.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: kathryn fanelli <kathrynfanelli@...>
      To: Marbling <Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Jan 7, 2014 12:23 pm
      Subject: Re: [Marbling] Re: interesting process

      Hi Caryl,

      Not oil paints, enamel paints...car paint, nail polish are enamels, oil paints are oil paints used for fine art work.

      Thanks! Kathy

      On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:15 PM, "carylhanc@..." <carylhanc@...> wrote:

      Hi!
       If by "enamels," you mean oil colors, Diane Maurer has a chapter on that in her "Ultimate Book of Marbling," which very sadly is out of print
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis