7258Tragacanth size paint

  • ui9ojiopk
    Nov 14, 2013
      I've been trying to get some watercolor paints to work on a tragacanth size and I cant seem to get the paint to spread correctly no matter how much ox gall I add. It floats but it kind of spreads into a vein like look. They are winsor and newton designers gouache paints and i first add enough water to make it the consistency of skim milk. I think i have to add a binder like gum arabic to the paint to fix it but I'm not sure. I would also like to know if maybe mixing paint right from pigments would be easier than using a brand of watercolor paint in the sense that you would know exactly what the paint contains and would be able to fix it easier.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic