7247Re: [Marbling] freestyle questions

    Oct 28, 2013
      I have seen this done with Latex house paints! Exactly. On plain water. I think you need to work fast as I recall because it starts to air dry. It works well on fabrics and wood. I tried it with someone once, long ago.
      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com

      On 10/28/13, Sue Cole<akartisan@...> wrote:

      I looked at the website you had and I would consider that more of a suminagashi method because the inks/paints are not moved once they are dropped in. If you will check in the archives, you will find several notes on Pernille's work. There's a youtube video also where she talks about her work. It looks like she makes the original designs, then somehow digitizes them on to the wood, since they are all the same in appearance.

      To do the work that's in Write Robinson's work, you would need a very large tank on a stable surface.
      HTH
      Sue
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic