      From: Marbling@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of George Reynolds
      Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:00 PM
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Marbling] Re: Your List of Cornerstone Marblers

      I just happen to be in Florence Italy and visited two shops which anyone interested in marbling should visit.

      Alberto Cozzi

      Via del Parione 35/r, Florence, Italy

      Phone: 055-294968

      Florence

      Alberto Cozzi keeps an extensive line of Florentine papers and paper products, and the artisans in the shop rebind and restore books and works on paper. They give marbling (watercolor) demos on Saturday. They also do oil paint paint marbling but not in this store since it smells so bad. This store has been operating for four generations.

      Giulio Giannini e Figlio

      Piazza Pitti 37/r, Florence, Italy

      Phone: 055-212621

      Florence

      One of Florence's oldest paper-goods stores, Giulio Giannini e Figlio is the place to buy marbleized stock, which comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, from flat sheets to boxes and even pencils. Possibly the oldest store for marbled paper in Florence.

      George

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic