6944Re: Troubleshooting size problems

  • Deluwiel
    Jan 1, 2013
      For silk I've been using the methocel from Dharma Trading and have never had that problem after a good rinsing; I did try the marbo gum from ProChem which left a considerable amount of crispy shiny residue even after my typical rinse. I'll not be using it again. I started with carageen but switched to methocel simply because I don't marble every day and I wanted something that would last longer, but now that I have more experience I may go back and try it again just for comparison's sake. I've been putting my silk into a plain white pillowcase to wash and dry and that keeps them from getting knotted up as well.
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "andreebaillargeon" <andreebaillargeon@...> wrote:
      > Hi everybody I am so excited to connect with the marbling community!
      > I am new at this and am having trouble with the size : when the fabric dries the size leaves a crispy film that contracts the fabric and makes the paint crack. The fabric's hand is also altered.
      > The paint is flowing nicely; I am using Golden paints with GAC.
      > Are there different qualities of methyl cellulose ? I have adjusteed the formula a few times not sure what might be going wrong.
      > Thanks again for sharing your insights to help me solve this problem.
      > Andree
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic