6943Re: [Marbling] Re: Sigh

    Dec 31, 2012
      Anthony, this is why I recommend to dilute the PhotoFlo or soap (PhotoFlo preferred, soap in an emergency!) in water, THEN use with a dropped as you would the ox gall. You have more control over it this way.

      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com

      On 12/31/12, anthonianthonianthoni<anthonianthonianthoni@...> wrote:

      Careful with photographic wetting agents--- The last time I used them ( over a year ago, with watercolours) the colours failed to expand ,when added, until you added a few more drops.... then POOF ! the colours expanded like mad, so much so that they obliterated everything in the process - ( but on hindsight, I think it was poor quality colours thatt did this)

      With regards to soap, It is somewhat of a tricky issue. ( I used a sollution of cheap bar soap, again with watercolours) The soap tends to make the colours expand much, much more than gall would , which may be a bit of a problem. Furthermore, of you leave it for a few days, thecolours tend to decompose, into a stringy mass
      But always remember, fortune favours the bold!
      AL