6941Re: [Marbling] Re: Sigh

    Dec 31, 2012
      Usually if you work with damp paper, and many prefer to, it is best to use the paper up quickly. The times I work damp, I'll alum say 20 or so, marble them, then alum again. Some people can put them damp into a plastic bag and they are good the next morning, I never had luck with that. I really hate to alum while I marble, so alum days ahead and line dry fully. They will keep this way for many years if conditions are right.

      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com

      On 12/31/12, KimH<kahether@...> wrote:

      Thank you for your comments, Iris. I am thinking that I did not let the paper with alum dry all the way out. I live in Colorado, so rarely is humidity a problem. I'm thinking I may have been to impatient and didn't wait till the paper was completely dry - it was a little soft when I was working with it.