6940Re: Sigh

  • anthonianthonianthoni
    Dec 31, 2012
      Careful with photographic wetting agents--- The last time I used them ( over a year ago, with watercolours) the colours failed to expand ,when added, until you added a few more drops.... then POOF ! the colours expanded like mad, so much so that they obliterated everything in the process - ( but on hindsight, I think it was poor quality colours thatt did this)

      With regards to soap, It is somewhat of a tricky issue. ( I used a sollution of cheap bar soap, again with watercolours) The soap tends to make the colours expand much, much more than gall would , which may be a bit of a problem. Furthermore, of you leave it for a few days, thecolours tend to decompose, into a stringy mass
      But always remember, fortune favours the bold!
      AL
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "KimH" <kahether@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for the suggestion Sohail! I'm willing to try that - nothing was working yesterday, more water OR more photo-flo.
      >
      > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sohail Akhtar <sohail_7000@> wrote:
      > >
      > > hi. i m sohail sohail from karachi pakistan.  for floating color u can add any dishwasing detergin in color few drops it will flow better. use it then email me.  sohail_7000@ thanks.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic