      From: kathrynfanelli <kathrynfanelli@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:16 PM
      Subject: [Marbling] Re: methyl cellulose

      Greetings all,

      Over the summer I purchased a large quantity of methyl cel from Talas not realizing it was a different form of MC. I normally use the ProChem methyl cel M112 which is the type that uses ammonia & vinegar. It also sets up in an hour so it's much faster than the Talas brand which says in their instruction takes 3 hours. I was unable to get answers as to the best way to prepare the Talas methyl cel for marbling by phoning them.

      I am in the middle of preparing it at the moment but because I have children and an interrupted day, I must leave the studio with my 5 gallons unsure of what to do.

      If there is anyone with advice on preparing please reply.

      I mixed 17.5 TBS to 5 gal room temp water using an electric paint mixer wand.

      Thanks for your help!

      Kathryn