6828Any advice for an unsuccessful newcomer

  • debmatty@btinternet.com
    Sep 7, 2012
      Hello all
      In the 2 months since I began trying to marble (both paper and fabric) I have yet to have any success whatsoever.
      I have tried making the carrageenan in an assortment of ways and ratios and using an assortment of waters. I have tried acrylics, watercolours and gouache with zero success. I have used ox gall and flow improver to aid dispersal - nada.
      I am dogged in my determination to be able to marble but I am stumped as to what I can adjust to try and improve matters now.
      Any words of wisdom?
      My main problem is dispersal - whatever medium I am using.
      Many thanks
      Deb
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic