6648Re: Oil colors

  • anthonianthonianthoni
    May 8, 2012
      Dear Chris
      If you want to reproduce the marbled papers that you find inside old bindings, like the nonpareil, curl, stone, &c. , it would be very hard to do so with oil marbling. The technique for some reason does not work very well for such fine patterns. Rather, it tends to work better for more abstract patterns.

      If you want to make the marbled papers that you find in old bindings, you would need to use an entirely different process, which involves floating watercolors on a thickened fluid. However, this process is not exactly easy to master( as you can see form my previous posts!), and so, oil marbling is quite a good place to start .

      Regards
      Anthony