6557Re: marbling database

  • anthonianthonianthoni
    Mar 4, 2012
      Perhaps this is because in suminagashi , the colours are floated on water, whilst in ebru, the colours are floated on a thickened liquid.

      Furthermore, suminagashi tens to be a bit more abstract, as opposed to ebru and marbling, which,
      1 look somewhat similar
      2 produced in a nearly identical manner

      Speaking of ebru, is I heard there is a pattern that is constructed in a similar method to what is known as a " stormont" . One wonders If the European marblers learned it from the Turks or vice versa.....

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Feridun Ozgoren" <feridun.ozgoren@...> wrote:

      > Suminagashi is called Suminagashi by "everybody and his or her brother or
      > sister"…..
      >
      > But ebru is called "marbled paper". One wonders why…at least I do….
      >
      > Any suggestions?
      >
      > Best wishes,
      >
      > Feridun Özgören
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic