6552Re: [Marbling] Problem with shell II

    Mar 1, 2012
      Try a different Brown or add turpentine instead of oil. How much, could be touching a toothpick to the turps (pure gum spirits of turp please!) or a whole drop. There is no telling how your paint is made, that could have something to do with it. it is not a problem with the pigment I feel.

      Iris Nevins
      www,marblingpaper.com

      On 03/01/12, anthonianthonianthoni<anthonianthonianthoni@...> wrote:

      As of late I have been trying to marble shell patterns, and I am facing a problem.
      Whenever I try to make Brown shell, using burnt sienna, the colour turns out on the paper unnaturally pale. The colour, when mixed in exactly the same proportions, but without oil, works fine.
      Furthermore, the shell colour tends to not spread as much as the colours themselves without oil.
      What is causing these problems? Is there any solution?

      regards
      Anthony