6443Re: RE: [Marbling] Re: site of a facebook acquantance

    Feb 9, 2012
      Yes the dates of the books.... some actually have machine marbled Victorian era papers, implying they may have been old books but rebound at those later dates. You'd think they'd be a little more thorough before they post this misinformation to the world, and sounding like complete authorities on the subject. marbling, ebru, the art was around for a long time by the 17th century. Just shows anyone can post anything about anything. It would not have taken much for them to check the histories or ask a few people.
      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com

      On 02/09/12, Feridun Ozgoren<feridun.ozgoren@...> wrote:

      From the same web page: http://www.papier-royal.com/story.html

      “It possible that it crafstman inspired by the Byzantine marble wall that
      abound such as Haga Sophia in Istanbul”

      Turks never called ebru “marbled paper”. The name Ebri, Abru, or Ebru has
      nothing to do with marble. Hagia Sophia may have had inspired many things
      but not ebru. We can be little more serious, believe me it does not take
      too much!

      Feridun Özgren